Sunday, January 20, 2013

~2011~


(Blog 3 of 4)

Before I start my blog of 2011,
I forgot an important event that happened at the end of 2010! On October 27, 2010
 Clara Jane Lawrence was born!  She is the daughter of my nephew, Ryan.



 In June of 2011, I had my third surgery to my skull/brain because of tumors.  Hopefully it is my last!!!  It has been a difficult 6 years (2005-2011).  This surgery was the most difficult recovery for me.  The tumor had grown a lot more than what we all had imagined and it had grown around previous surgical repairs.  It was located near my left my ear and I lost my hearing to my left ear.  It was only temporary until swelling subsided, thank goodness.  
For a couple months before my surgery, I was having incredible pain to my skull and having continual headaches.  It was hard for me to concentrate on my classes I had taken for the semester.  I know that I was blessed during those months before and after surgery

My younger sister, Krista, got married on July 23, 2011 in the Boston, Massachusetts LDS temple to Oliver Maslo.  We drove to Massachusetts from our vacation home in New York the day before and then the next day we had the wedding and drove the 3 hours back to New York to the reception.  It was a long and overwhelming day to say the least, but it was great to be with family again.

Krista and Oliver

 
Boston, MA~LDS temple

Krista, Oliver, Mom and Dad

Dad, Mom, Krista, Oliver, and me


Krista and Maija with Clara, the perfect little flower girl

me and Clara

Look! My shoes are red and sparkling! :)

~The Lawrence Sisters~

Kelley, Michael, me, Krista, Oliver, Mom and Dad

The family! :)
 Just the two major events in 2011.... recovery and celebration!!!  
~Blog#4 of MaijaSofia soon to come!~

2 comments:

Clair said...

Sorry to hear about your tumors, Maija. What a scary thing to go through! You look beautiful in these photos!

Unknown said...

Thank you Clair, you are always so sweet and caring! Miss you! :)