Wednesday, January 2, 2013

~2009~

Wow!  Where do I start?!  It has been 4 years since I last wrote on my blog.  I will do my best of remembering everything that might have happened! (Blog 1 of 4)

~2009~




In March I was able to attend Time Out For Women in Orlando.  I attended both Friday and Saturday with my friends Anna Dewberry Liljenquist, Kelly Harrison, Rachel Taylor, and Stori Laurentzen.  Inspirational speakers were: Hilary Weeks, Chieko Okazaki, Michael McLean, Mark Mabry, Emily Watts, Brent Top, Wendy Ulrich, and Kris Belcher.



 In April, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (one of the General Authorities from the church) came to speak to the singles.  I remember the first time I met him.  I was on my mission and he held a fireside for the missionaries serving in the Utah Ogden Mission.  I love his teachings.  Also in April I celebrated my birthday with some friends at KOBE Japanese Steak House. (Stori, Deborah Dubard, me, Rachel, and Kelly)


     In the summer I went on a vacation to Upstate NY and my hometown/state of Connecticut.  I loved being around family and enjoying the scenery.  I've missed this place!!!



        I went to a bridal shower for Erin, my nephew's fiancee, in Lake George at the Fort William Henry Hotel. 

The Fort William Henry Hotel

Amanda (my niece), Erin Pettays (Ryan's fiancee), me and Krista

Krista, me, Mom, and Jennifer



Lake George


Minne-Ha-Ha on Lake George
    I saw my nephew, Dylan, march in the Schuylerville, NY Parade - Turning Point Parade.  He plays the fife in the Fife and Drum Corp. of Stoneybrook, CT.  

The Turning Point Parade in Schuylerville, NY

Fife and Drum Corp from Stoneybrook, CT

Dylan! 

We had a little snack after the parade.
(Krista, Dee, me, and Dylan)
     We met some of the family for dinner at Red Robins.... good memories!!!  

my tallest nephew, Connor, and me

Connor, Jennifer, and Mac

Dee and Michael

Dee, Mac, Dad, Krista, and me

Jennifer, Mom, Connor, Michael, Ryan, and Erin

Ryan and Erin

    I went to Connecticut.  We drove by the house I grew up in... except we couldn't see it... just the top of the drive way.  Also had to experience Mystic Seaport and of course, couldn't pass up the opportunity to eat at Lenny and Joe's!!!  


31 Robin Lane (my old house/driveway)
Mystic Seaport in Mystic, CT








Lenny and Joe's Fish Tale Restaurant

Kelley (my sister), Paula Cewe, and Mom





    Before I ended my trip to the Northeast, I wanted to drive through Vermont!  I love that state!!! I was able to see a house my Grammy grew up in.  It was amazing what the owner had done to it.  Renovated it perfectly.  We also went to one of my favorite places... the Chocolate Barn!  I love the chocolate nonpareils!  

Grammy's childhood home


In August, I went with some friends to Animal Kingdom. First time for this girl!!!  I had a blast! 


Randy Sanchez, Stori, Kelly, and me


Mt. Everest


Rainforest Cafe, good food... an experience!





     Also in 2009, I moved into my favorite apartment ever!!!  Too bad it only lasted one year!  Here are some pictures from moving and the beautiful view I had from the apartment.  


Wonderful friends who helped me move!
(Dustin Adams, Randy Sanchez, Kelly Harrison, me, Marcus White, Chase Toronto, and Brock Hostetter)

the lake in front of my apartment building


my street


the guys helping me set up my cable


The last week of December 2009 and into January 2010, I was able to go back up to NY to be with my family for a shorter vacation.  In Blog #2 there will be pictures of that trip and more of what happened in the life of ~MaijaSofia~ in 2010.  Stay tuned....

No comments: