Thursday, January 3, 2013

~2010~

(Blog 2 of 4)

~2010~
      The end of 2009 to the beginning of 2010, I was able to have a vacation in Upstate NY at our cabin with the family.  Here are some pictures that were taken then... (it snowed a lot while I was there)


a cute little bird at our bird feeder
Me, Connor and Shane (my nephews), and Krista (my sister)

Michael (my brother) and Krista

Missy enjoying the snow!

Mom, Jennifer's Mom, and Rick (my brother)

Shane, Krista, and Mac (my nephew)

the pathway to the lake

Snowy day

back row: Connor, Rick, Mac, Michael, Krista, and Dad
front row: Jennifer, me, Shane, and Dee




Dad, Mom, me, and Krista

      
In March, Time Out for Women came to Orlando again.  Of course I attended!!! :) Some of the inspirational speakers were: Wendy Watson, Dallyn Vail Bayles, Sheri Dew, Deanne Flynn, Michael Wilcox (my old institute teacher from the Univ. of Utah), Merilee Boyack, and Emilee Freeman.


    
"A woman has a superior spirituality in the marriage relationship and the opportunity to encourage, uplift, teach and be the one who sets the example in the family." 
~Pres. Howard W. Hunter~  

     "The answers to our prayers come in their own due time.  He knows what we do not know.  He sees what we do not see.  He knows what's best for his children.  He will answer our prayers in the perfect time."  ~Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf~ 

Then that same weekend Gladys Knight had a concert for the Florida Orlando Mission.  It was called Saints Unified Voices.  It was held at the Orlando Stake Center.  I attended the concert with Heather Dupree on Saturday night.  I volunteered to be an usher for the concert on Sunday evening.  It was an amazing concert... very spiritual!  Loved their voices.  I also enjoyed Gladys' and her husband's testimony.  AMAZING!!! 





     I celebrated my birthday with friends at the Macaroni Grill (one of my favorite restaurants) in April!  It was good times with good friends!

Stori Lauritzen, Mallory Blackwelder Gooch, and me

Jennifer and Marcus White, and Deborah Dubard

Deborah, Rachel Taylor, and Nakia Randell

Tilapia!!! YUM!


 In the Spring of 2010, the Annual 5K Shack Attack was held in Albany, NY.  I unforunately had to work again so I wasn't able to attend.  Here are some pictures of my family from the event.

The 5K Shack Attack in honor and memory of my brother, Mark Lawrence

The Family!!!
(Front row) Dad, Mom, Megan, Josephine Dewey, Kelley, Shane,
Amanda, Erin, Dee, Jennifer.
(Back row) Rick, Michael, Mac, Krista, Connor, and Ryan.


Shane (Rick's son)
Michael (my brother), Ryan, Erin, Amanda, and Dee

Krista, Megan (Connor and Mac's Mom), and Mom
My brother, Rick

Win and Jason (family friends), Krista, Mom, Claudette (family friend)
My sisters: Krista and Kelley

In September, I moved from my Clermont apartment to an apartment in a suburb of Orlando called Hunter's Creek.  A very quiet part of Orlando in between Lake Buena Vista (Disney Attractions and Sea World) and the Orlando International Airport.  I also changed jobs from working at the Central Florida YMCA Family Center at the Walt Disney World Resort to working at Kindercare of Celebration.  I accepted the VPK position.  
There were a lot of changes that happened this year, but they were all changes for the better.  I am happy I was able to have faith and take the unknown step into the darkness.  A quote I wrote in my journal from this time of faith in my life is from Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 
"Patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears.  Patience means active waiting and enduring.  It means staying with something and doing all we can--working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed.  Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"  
~Blog 3 soon to come.~

No comments: